The Amazon Kindle Fire. Wow. Anyone who reads this blog MUST KNOW that I have been harping on for a while – LITERALLY harping on about Microsoft’s need to make their price point lower in order to sell Windows 8 tablets. This is why. The new Kindle Fire will be released on November 15, 2011. Here are the stats
In addition, they claim access to 18 million movies, TV shows, apps, games, songs, books, newspapers, audio books, magazines, and documents.
- Display: 7″ multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors.
- Size: (in inches) 7.5″ x 4.7″ x 0.45″ (190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm).
- Weight: 14.6 ounces (413 grams).
- System Requirements: None, because it’s wireless and doesn’t require a computer.
- On-device Storage: 8GB internal. That’s enough for 80 apps, plus either 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books.
- Cloud Storage: Free UNLIMITED cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as web browsing and downloading content.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours via included U.S. power adapter. Also supports charging from your computer via USB.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.1X standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- USB Port: USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)
- Audio: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, top-mounted stereo speakers.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.
Oh and did I say it was going to be $199?Hmm, let me see, would you buy a Kindle Fire or a Windows 8 Tablet with Metro for $399? Guess what 99% of the world would say. Basically, here’s the landscape right now – if you want to buy a tablet, there are only 2 categories and players in the market.
- “Low” end – Amazon.
- High end – Apple.
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!