<![CDATA[Apple announced that the new iPad will be available in 10 countries on March 16 beginning at $499. Apple will begin taking pre-orders on its website later today (Wednesday). Devices will arrive in stores in the U.S., UK, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Singapore and Austria on the 16th. Pricing for the device is identical to the iPad 2. Wi-Fi-only tablets cost $499, $599, and $699 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions, respectively. IPads with 4G connectivity are priced at $629, $729, and $829 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB editions, not including carrier costs. Noteworthy is the fact that the pricing for the previous generations of Ipad has dropped by $100 leading to a $399 price for a 16GB WiFi model. Some of the new features:
- Retina Display – 2048 x 1536. That’s 3.1 million pixels. “The most ever in a mobile device.”
- Physical Home Button
- A5X processor is confirmed quad-core graphics
- 1080p video recording
- Voice Dictation – “The iPad like all great iOS devices has a great keyboard and now you’ll see there’s a new key on the bottom: a microphone.”
- 4G LTE! – iPad 2 has 3.1Mbps on EV-DO, 7.2 on HSPA. The New iPad now has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps.
- Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners.
- The iPad can now be a personal hotspot too — if the carrier supports it.
- 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
- 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699.
- No 128GB yet.
This site should be renamed ipad3update.com
You know…that just might…
windows8update or appleupdate?
that’s the question…..
You’ll love this article then –