Including a new Cortana app for users.
Redmond had been developing and testing this release for the better part of 13 months, starting from when the first 20H1 build made its way out for Insiders. However, even with all the testing, this version still has a few bugs and problems that the software titan has cataloged on its Known Issues page.
And although the company has not added Cortana there, the digital voice assistant has been giving users trouble. In how she serves up the “Sorry, but Cortana is not available at this time.” message.
The new Cortana app is currently available in 13 countries and 9 languages, with more to come.
But if you get the above message, then there is an easy workaround for that.
- Click on the Cortana icon on the taskbar.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account.
- If you receive the error message, then head on over to the Microsoft Store and search for Cortana. You can also click on this link to directly open the store listing.
- Click on the Get button to download and install the Cortana app.
- Wait for the application to finish downloading and the installation to complete.
- Now, click on the Cortana icon in the taskbar again, and sign in using your Microsoft account.
This is you basically redeploying Cortana.
It should fix the issue, and you will no longer get the error message when you try to use the digital assistant on your Windows 10 May 2020 Update powered system. It should work as long as she is supported in your country and language.
Do note that this is just a temporary workaround.
Microsoft is expected to patch this odd little bug in the very near future. Until then, get access to this neat new Cortana experience this way.
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!