We discussed the fact that Microsoft said support for Windows 7 to end on January 14, 2020.
One of the facts lost in the hubub is that they left an opening for a special group of customer – Enterprise customers.
The fact of the matter is they also opened up a subscription model for those who still can’t move onto Windows 10.
Many businesses are running on Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise, and they will be able to opt-in for Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESUs).
Here’s how this will work.
Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESUs)
Microsoft has announced that Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESUs) will be available via the Cloud Solution Partner (CSP) program beginning Monday, December 2, 2019.
ESUs can be purchased through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, which is available.
Here’s what you should know:
- Windows 7 ESUs are sold on a per-device basis
- They are available for purchase in 12-month increments only.
- They are not available for three months or six months
- The price will increase each year
- The security updates can be purchased via the Cloud Solution Partner (CSP) program
You can find a CSP using this link.
For CSP Partners
If you are a CSP partner or want to know how the updates will be available for Windows 7 users, here’s what to do next.
- Visit the Partner Center
- Click on Add products > Select > Software.
- Next, filter the results to Type: Software Subscriptions, and Term: 1 year.
- Select Windows 7 Extended Security Updates from the Products list.
- Indicate the quantity of Windows 7 ESUs
- Select Add to cart and complete the transaction.
- CSP Client List for ESUS
Once the order is complete, you will see the MAK keys appear in the Partner Center. It may take an hour for them appear.
This offer is available for three years, after which Windows 7 support will come to a permanent end.
This makes perfect sense from a business perspective so Windows 7 will still be here for a while.
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!