Preparing for the update The update process will take close to one hour so ensure that you proceed with the update when you will not have to use your device.
- Zune software is essential to download and install Windows Phone 7.5 update. Install Zune, connect Windows phone to a computer and launch Zune client.
- Ensure that the phone has adequate power prior to downloading update.
- Ensure enough free memory is available and delete unwanted items such as applications, games or large files.
- As a precaution, the application backs up the device’s operating system prior to initializing installation. So ensure that the computer has adequate free space for device OS backup.
- A wired connection is more reliable than a wireless connection to download the update. Hence, ensure that you use a wired connection such as Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that the phone is displaying accurate time and date information since updates are time sensitive.
- You will receive a notification on the phone when the update is available for install. Pick up an appropriate time when you will not be using the device frequently since the download and install process can take around one hour.
- Zune software will guide you through the installation process. Ensure that the phone stays connected with the computer for the entire duration and Zune client is running on the computer.