Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Sr. Active Directory Cloud Engineer with a DoD client in beautiful Southwest Virginia. This is a fast-paced, cutting edge data center offering room for advancement, professional and technical growth and long term stability.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the DoD space, please send a resume and best contact information to Tia Bracken, Sr. Professional Recruiter, via [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain at minimum an interim secret clearance, per a condition of employment.
Location: Radford, VA (Low cost of living, beautiful scenery)
Terms: Long Term W2 Contract
Benefits for this project: PTO and Paid Holidays, Short/Long term disability, 401k plan, Health/Dental/Vision, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts
- CompTIA Security+ or otherwise 8570 compliant certification (can be obtained after offer)
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
Key Aspects of Windows Server Admin:
- Project Details: This position is for an Active Directory Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
- Salary Range: 120,000/year depending on experience
- Environment: Large, multifaceted data center
- Additional Aspects: Strong growth potential (transition towards lead/architecure down the road), technical training (i.e. Pluralsight license), certification discounts (CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco), potential remote work flexibility
- Key Requirements: Must have scripting/automation experience, experience with MS Azure and AWS and experience with Citrix or SolarWinds or MS SQL is a plus.
- We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, competitive pay rates, PTO and paid holidays
- Health/Medical benefits, Life Insurance, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts to most major certification programs, access to multiple technical training platforms and programs
Why SW Virginia?
- Beautiful scenery Blue Ridge Parkway(!)
- Low cost of living
- Access to many major cities on the east coast within a few hours ((2hr 20 min to Charlotte, 4hr to DC, 3hr to Richmond)
Active Directory Position Requirements:
This position is for an Active Directory Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
Active Directory JOB DUTIES –
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Active Directory Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Responsible for planning and long-term maintenance of Active Directory infrastructure
- Handle day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining the directory service and infrastructure
- Ensure the directory continues to function
- Ensure goals established in service level agreements are maintained
- Manage domain controllers and other network services, such as DNS, that are required for Active Directory Services
- Control forest-wide settings
- Complete ongoing Active Directory deployment tasks, adding and removing domain controllers, establishing and removing trusts, as needed
- Serve the service owner roles of Forest Owner, Site Topology Owner, and DNS for AD owner
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
Active Directory Required skills:
- Mid to senior level Active Directory Administrator experience supporting Active Directory in a cloud environment
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSE, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Powershell, DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178