Azure Architect- Atlanta,GA - $90-130 /Hr
My client, a large Microsoft Gold Partner who specialises in cloud projects requires an Azure Architect to be a Subject Mater Expert on a range of diverse and challenging engagements. As the lead Azure Architect, you'll be responsible for working with clients to build and architect new solutions, and migrate workloads into Azure. Due to the company's success in the cloud space, they have consistently been winning new projects and have decided to add more Azure experts to their team in order to deliver for the clients. Based in the South East, the client is open to working with any candidate based in the USA as the majority of the role is remote working.
- Develop expert knowledge of our client's business and problem/solution domain
- Deliver cloud platform architecture documents detailing the vision for how Azure infrastructure and platform services support the overall application architecture; socialise and review with software, database, and testing engineers for acceptance.
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps to modernize infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications to Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Create solutions that support a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services
- Be a go to person for Cloud Architecture for Audit and Assurance. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Interact with and advise business representatives of the application regarding functional and non-functional requirements
- Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration
- Develop enterprise level conceptual solutions and sponsor consensus/approval for global applications.
- Have a working knowledge of other architecture disciplines including application, database, infrastructure, and enterprise architecture.
- Identify system integration opportunities
- Identify and implement best practices, tools and standards
- Provide consultative support to the DevOps team for production incidents
- Drive and support system reliability, availability, scale, and performance activities
- Experience with Azure Cloud Service, including PaaS and IaaS architectures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database administration
- Knowledge of networking engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Proven background in the design and implementation of large scale, global, complex custom application development systems (e.g., high transaction volumes).
- Advanced understanding of distributed systems architecture in Azure on a global basis
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership
- Must understand the Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
Contact Jarvis Thompson at (813)437-6962 (Ex 6962) or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to get more information about role.
Nigel Frank International is the Global leader in Microsoft recruitment. We have a substantial selection of Azure Consultant jobs, working to help businesses make their cloud visions a reality. With positions available with Microsoft partners, ISVs, and end users on both a contract and permanent basis, we'll find you an Azure Consultant job that matches your experience, and fits with your career plans.