As part of our Operations Team, this position is responsible for systems implementation and administration of Azure Cloud infrastructure and platform services.
- Install, configure, automate, monitor and operationalize various cloud services globally
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- 3+ years technical support including Microsoft Azure or AWS systems design and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum 10 years relevant IT experience
- General knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing
- Experience administering/supporting Windows and Linux systems running in Azure
- Experience in managing Docker/Containers
- Experience with Azure Kubernetes Services/AKS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure virtual network appliances
- Experience with PowerShell, other automation tools
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and express routes
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes
- Knowledge of Devops, Agile, Infrastructure as code strongly desired
- Knowledge of Azure IaaS, PaaS offerings and services in Azure commercial and DOD regions
Key Factors for Success
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Able to build strong partnership with business partners and the project teams
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
- Influences others without direct authority
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
- Good writing skills to document plans and process