Our client is currently undergoing a cloud migration Microsoft Azure and need a strong cloud engineer that understands core networking concepts within Azure to come in and help with the migration efforts. This could be anything from troubleshooting general networking connectivity issues within Azure to helping migrate large enterprise applications from on prem to the cloud.
1. MS Azure - troubleshooting and connectivity experience, they are an Azure shop and only have 1 cloud expert/architect so this person will be the 2nd hand to the architect helping to troubleshoot any issues within Azure, receiving tickets, making sure they are in the correct format and specifically supporting the networking piece of Azure
2. Palo Alto firewall knowledge - will be troubleshooting issues with Azure as it connects to the organizations network via Palo Alto firewalls
3. Scripting (PowerShell) knowledge - must be able to look at logs in an OMS dashboard and figure out how to identify problems and fix bugs
Typical day in the life:
Receiving tickets, making sure they are in the correct format and submitting them accurately. Once the tickets have been submitted will move into troubleshooting and implementation phase, working through Palo Alto firewalls and Barracuda WAF. Utilizing PowerShell scripts to identify problems and Azure CLI. Must understand Azure virtual networks and general troubleshooting related to the network side of Azure. May be troubleshooting why any application isn't working correctly in Azure - looking at logs in OMS dashboards and configuring/logging, etc.
• Taking direction and supporting our Azure Network Architect
• Assist with deploying and troubleshooting network services in a hybrid IaaS and PaaS Azure environment.
• Building and testing ARM scripts to support future CI/CD integration
• Building, managing and troubleshooting Web Application Firewalls
• Leveraging Microsoft Network monitoring tools to build dashboards and alerts
• Azure cloud environment experience is a must
• OMS and Azure Network and Application monitor tools
• Palo Alto and Barracuda firewall experience
• Firewall architectures that include Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls (cloud based, physical and virtual)
• Web Application Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting application performance issues in the Azure fabric
• PowerShell scripting
• Working with Kubernetes and Containers
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.