Azure Data Engineer - Boston (MA) - 130K
Our client is an industry leader in retail and is looking for an experienced Azure Engineer to join their fast expanding retail company on a permanent basis. The role will have the opportunity for some remote work as well as working in a large-size office environment.
The successful applicant will be part of a key team of technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the development and evolution of our data warehouse and BI platform
- Partner with the BI Manager, Data and BI Engineers, Program Managers and Analysts on building a best-in-class suite of tools and reporting mechanisms to bring the most salient, insightful data more directly into key business functions
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala)
- Integrates broad working knowledge in related disciplines to create integrated technical innovations/ solutions for complex business situations
- Works with larger team to drive to resolution on complex engineering problems
- Leads end-to-end engineering support for projects and problems of complex scope and impact within practice
- Extensive experience writing advanced SQL, data modeling, building ETL solutions, performance tuning of BI queries, and data mining from multiple sources
- Experience in Analytics, OLAP tools, and engineering automated solutions.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.).Experience providing network support and troubleshooting analysis
- Extensive Cloud Computing experience (Azure, AWS)
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalentThis is an opportunity to put your skills using Microsoft Azure to work with a growing industry leader. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for some remote work, to supplement work in a large-sized office environment.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Life insurance
- Merchandise discounts
If interested, please contact Finlay Boyle on 212-731-8282 (3103) or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Azure recruitment.