Do you have experience deploying and delivering software in Azure? BAE Systems is looking for an engineer that is comfortable and proficient with Azure and its services. We need someone to embrace agile methodologies and DevOps practices as we forge our journey with developing and deploying services within Azure. So if this sounds like you and are looking to work on a high-energy team, apply today!
Roles and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will implement solutions in Azure using DevOps practices and an agile software methodology. The candidate will be responsible for developing and deploying automation scripts that deliver software solutions using the latest in cloud computing technology.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or Computer Science
- Candidates should have an excellent technical background
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure
- Passionate about DevOps
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Strong research skills, excellent interpersonal skills in working with others
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) and Windows
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Experience with common Cloud and DevOps tools, such as: Git, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.
- Knowledge with networking fundamentals
- Understanding of SDLC
Preferred Skills and Education
- Proficient with working in Azure
- Microsoft Azure Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Understanding of cloud native design
- Experience with orchestration tools, such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Foundry, Rancher Labs, or OpenShift
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with development and deployment automation
- Experience with implementing cloud networking solutions
- Sec+ and/or Cloud+
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression