This individual will be joining a team tasked with 700+ applications across 8 different business units. Candidate will be responsible for taking over the build and deployment for all "NPS" applications (70 applications, but the code that makes up the application is a lot. Over 135 .Net Developers). Currently, takes 3 hours manually to deploy set of applications to QA. This occurs 2x per day. Future state goal within 1 year is to deploy at anytime automatically.
* Create and manage Azure DevOps Services build definitions and release definitions to enable deployment to lower environments.
* Setup continuous integration capabilities
* Perform Dev, Test, UAT, Staging and Production build/deploy activities for application releases.
* Support production deployments, assist with troubleshooting deployment issues
* Assist with branching/merging for release management and in support of parallel development requirements
* Collaborate with testing teams and assist with continuous delivery of builds to environment
* Liaison between application development and infrastructure teams in the establishment of needed infrastructure in the development and subsequent support of application solutions
1. Azure DevOps services - create & manage build definitions, pipelines, deployments, etc
2. .Net - work with developers to find ways to automated code more efficiently
3. Build Automation with PowerShell scripting/batch
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
* 1 - 2 years of working with or supporting an Application Development team
* 2 - 4 years of distributed build/deploy experience
* Strong working knowledge of Azure DevOps Services to include:
a. GIT Source Control, GIT branching strategies
b. Creating and managing build definitions
c. Creating and managing release pipelines, deployment groups, deployment gates
* Strong build automation experience, preferably with PowerShell scripting/Batch
* Ability to deploy Web applications, Web services and configure/setup of IIS
* Ability to refactor application builds to utilize NuGet packages
* Familiarity with building and deploying .NET Core applications
* Strong working knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing and implementation.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Performs work under general supervision
* Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
* Ability to work with and understand business client requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
* Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and procedures, multi-task and be detail-oriented
* Knowledge and understanding of Package Management module in Azure DevOps Services
* Knowledge and ability to create SQL projects/DacPacs; automating the deployment
* Test Plans and Load testing within Azure DevOps Services
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.