Apex Systems is seeking a Cloud Chief Architect with experience leading data center transformation and modernization to include hybrid public cloud service providers. Hands-on cloud architect experience with public and private clouds; Application Migration (on premise to public/hybrid cloud) experience; Experience establishing complex managed service environments
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working with senior government executives as well as technical staff to define strategic technology initiatives aligned with DHS goals. Able to translate complex technical solutions to business and mission outcomes.
- Liaison for program and corporate initiatives to ensure alignment with strategic and tactical efforts. Identifies resource and financial investments in conjunction with the Program Manager to define and prioritize program goals.
- Provide architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, and develop architectural products and deliverable for operational business lines in accordance with the strategy and goals of a large government organization that is in the process of modernizing their data center to include a significant public cloud presence leveraging emerging technologies and current DevSecOps principles.
- Leads Service Area Managers to define and execute strategic and tactical technical projects to include tools, processes and policy for the DC1 environment.
- Qualified candidate would develop the strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support the client’s Cloud Architecture and Application hosting ecosystem in collaboration with government and contractor staff.
- Candidate will function as a technical expert across multiple program assignments, and must possess the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Candidate will plan and lead major technology assignments, with direct supervision of staff.
- Experience with Cloud computing, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS concepts and articulating these concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with SaaS, logging, monitoring, and medium to large scale architecture
- Experience with evolving transport solutions including software-defined networking internal and external to the data center
- Experience with server and storage array design and implementation
- Experience with building, delivering, and managing hybrid Cloud environments leveraging services provided by leading Cloud Service Providers (CSP’s, e.g. - AWS, Google, Microsoft)
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts
- Experience with various Firewall architectures and Network\Cloud Security concepts
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL
- General: Ubuntu/RedHat(CentOS)/AWS Linux; Windows Server; LAMP; IIS; Tomcat; Solr; ColdFusion; Chef; Ansible; Stash; JIRA, Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Zookeeper, or Capistrano
- Experience with hybrid cloud brokering tools e.g. – ServiceNow, CloudCheckr, etc…
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (SharePoint, Exchange); Active Directory; LDAP.
- Experience with conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototyping, and building reference models
- Knowledge of development methodologies and more than one of the following languages: .NET, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of FedRAMP, ATO, and the implications of C&A and SA&A
AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred
Azure Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer preferred
Optional Skills and Experience Desired
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet automation / orchestration (or similar) experience
- Managing virtual environments (Xen, Vmware etc.)
- Windows system administration
- Experience with DNS, Load Balancing e.g. F5, AWS ELB
- Experience\Exposure to Azure, Rackspace, Terramark, IBM, SalesForce
- Experience with various CDNs e.g. Akamai, Limelight, EdgeCast etc.
- Knowledge of Heroku or other PaaS platform
- Prior Experience with Software Development (Experience with Perl / Ruby / Python / Powershell (or similar) expertise) and Web
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178