The Cloud Engineer/Architect is a leader in technology innovation as part of the larger Technical Services team. This role is responsible for delivering infrastructure projects and designing solutions for Windows domain services and Microsoft technologies- both on premise and cloud hosted. This position involves technical leadership and as well as hands on technical configuration. The Cloud Engineer is also responsible for the management and delivery of Windows server and desktop operating systems, applications, and mobile devices.
- Work with the Director of Technical Services to design, develop and support on premise and cloud-based platforms
- Have constructive, efficient interactions with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Research and provide evaluations of technology solutions that align with IT's strategic direction
- Maintain and maximize uptime of Active Directory domain infrastructure and core Windows services
- Support and administer Office365, Azure Infrastructure including ADFS, and Azure AD Join.
- Work with third parties to develop secure and sound SSO options using SAML and other means.
- Develop and maintain endpoint management strategy across multiple platforms and device types that includes patching, software delivery, imaging, lifecycle management, and MDM/MAM.
- Deliver solutions for remote application and desktop delivery (Citrix)
- Maintain and support web application proxies used for load-balancing and SSL proxying and pass through
- Manage and maintain employee account provisioning process for new hires, moves, and terminations using scripting and Identity Access Management systems
- Provide automated solutions for administrative tasks and reporting whenever possible.
- Take ownership of Tier 2/3 issues escalated by support technicians and coordinate third party vendor support as needed
- Mentor and provide guidance to IT support technicians
- Architect and oversee a sustainable imaging process for PCs and servers
- Manage technical details and employee resources for relevant projects and day to day operations.
- Be a resource for any initiatives involving Windows, Android, iOS, and future operating systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar or related IT engineering roles
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical capabilities
- Self starter with positive attitude, professional appearance, and excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Information Systems, Computer Science, or relevant technical field
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting required
- Strong knowledge of all variants of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, and Windows 10 systems
- Expertise in Windows domain services and infrastructure, including Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, DFS, ADFS, and CA
- Understanding of IIS, SQL, file and print services, and Windows networking skills
- Experience with endpoint management toolsets (BigFix, SCCM, Altiris, Kace, etc..) and methodology for patching, software delivery, and imaging
- Mobile Device Management (MobileIron, Intune, etc...) experience preferred
- Knowledge of security best practices involving OneDrive, Teams, and Exchange Online
- Experience with delivering published applications and desktops via Citrix XenApp