Cloud Infrastructure Migration Lead
Our client, a leader in their industry, has an excellent opportunity available for a Cloud Infrastructure Migration Lead to work on a six-month contract position in New York, NY (with expected extension through the end of 2020). The pay rate is in the $100 to $115/hour range. Available for w-2 only.
This is a great opportunity to be part of our client’s journey to the Cloud. This person will serve as technical SME / Lead and will help guide technical teams who are part of the Cloud Migration and will also help with communication to the business. This is a very exciting technology initiative utilizing cutting edge cloud technology (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
The Cloud Infrastructure Migration Lead will lead architecture and planning from an infrastructure perspective and assisting in providing best practices to Application and Development teams. This engineer will provide strategic and tactical expertise to ensure applications are migrated while keeping in mind the overall. Will develop designs, reference architectures, and standards for secure infrastructure across the enterprise.
Requirements of the Cloud Infrastructure Migration Lead
• Must have “Expert level” knowledge of Cloud Service Providers: AWS, GCP, Azure (looking for a combination of 2 of the 3)
• Experience migrating workloads from on-prem and Cloud Service Providers
• Knowledge surrounding minimal downtime (includes the full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on containerization technologies (Kubernetes)
• Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation
• Disaster Recovery
• Cloud Networking - Advanced knowledge of cloud networking including VPCs, Subnets, VNets, Hub and Spoke designs, Transit Gateway, Shared VPC, general routing (BGP), etc.
• Cloud Security - Intermediate to advanced knowledge of security including Security Groups, NACL, WAF, Guard Duty, ACM, Encryption, Key Management, Shared Responsibility, etc.
• Experienced on implementations of EC2, S3, Buckets, Compute Engine, IAM, SNS, SQS, RDS, VPC, Storage Gateway, CDN and the integration of those services as well as other AWS offerings
• Robust Infrastructure as code knowledge (CloudFormation and Terraform)
• Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and using tools such as Azure DevOps, Code Pipeline/Code Deploy, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Bambo
• Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Azure Cosmos DB or PostgreSQL
• Migration / DR tools - CloudEndure, Azure Migration Tools, Google Migration
• Cost and Inventory - CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, RightScale
• Orchestration - Cloudify, ServiceNow
• Verbal and written communication skills required for delivering technical presentations/solutions to the project team and client leadership
• Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
• Enterprise knowledge of computing, storage, network and application stacks
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent