Local Unit & Position Description
Do you have passion for managing enterprise wide Infrastructure solutions and love to work with multiple technologies? Do you keep a close eye on trends and opportunities combined with daily operation and support? Do you value quality in your delivery? Come and join our Cloud Infrastructure team.
DNV GL is going through a digital transformation and new digital services and solutions are in the making. The multi-cloud strategy we have, using a combination of our Private Cloud, Microsoft Clouds, and Oracle Clouds, serve as basis for our managed IT platform named VerIT Enterprise. We are running a highly standardized global IT infrastructure platform. GSS IT is the internal IT organization responsible for delivering a wide range of IT capabilities and capacities to business and corporate units, and to end users worldwide. We are seeking to add Infrastructure Cloud Specialists to be part of our global IT organization, working from our North America headquarters in Houston (Katy), Texas.
Tasks May Include
- Manage, operate and support DNV GL’s “VerIT” IT infrastructure platform as part of our virtual team setup
- Deliver advisory services to the business areas within the infrastructure domain, globally or within the region
- Drive automation in all areas of the services provided
- Perform knowledge transfer and interact with other parts of the IT organization
- Address escalated technical support incidents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Successful candidates should have a strong technical knowledge across multiple infrastructure domains. We are looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator supporting large organizations in excess of 5000 users
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Azure, Windows Servers, SQL, Exchange, Office 365, etc.
- Experience and interest within IT security and identity services
- General knowledge of different Linux distros and Cisco network technology
- General knowledge and understanding of networks administration is preferred
- Experience with scripting tools like PowerShell
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized & structured mindset
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- The ability to build networks and share knowledge
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Have some understanding of DevOps concepts
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!