Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
The Linux Cloud Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment.
What our team should strive for:
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
- Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
- Working Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems
- Support all aspects of NCE's Security Information and Event Management initiative.
- Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer's system.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Working with software and hardware vendors