Training Site Lynda has a new online course out right now.
It’s called Windows 8 Essential Training.
Windows 8 is a significant departure from previous versions of the operating system, offering new mobile integration, cloud storage, and security enhancements.
This course shows you all the essential features you’ll need to jump-start Windows 8—whether you work with it closely at the office or use it casually at home. Author David Rivers discusses the migration path from older versions of Windows to Windows 8, tours the new interface, reviews the new file and folder behaviors, and introduces the most useful apps, including Calendar, Photos, and Music.
He also shows how to adjust system settings like default programs and volume, and how to work with external devices and setup networks.
The final chapters show you how to keep your computer even more secure with Access Control and Windows Defender, and how to troubleshoot potential issues, like reversing fatal crashes.
- Upgrading from other Windows versions
- Transferring files to Windows 8
- Organizing files and folders
- Managing your inbox with the Mail app
- Sending instant messages with Messaging
- Working with Notepad, WordPad, and Paint
- Controlling system sounds, volume, and accessibility options
- Getting connected to the Internet
- Keeping your PC secure with Windows Update
- Using parental controls to block unwanted content
- Printing from Windows 8
- Fixing issues with the Problem Steps Recorder
- Keeping file backups with File History
- Navigating the web with Internet Explorer 10
Head over there and take a look at the course!