Three months since last release is time enough to pack in a bunch of quality improvements. And that is exactly what Microsoft has done for PowerToys, adding in a range of updates that promise to make the overall experience better.
PowerToys 0.15 is out, and it focus on quality improvements.
One big new addition is the ability for PowerToys to automatically check for updates and alert users when a new version is available. Additionally, and thankfully, you no longer need to run the app as an administrator.
Here is what you can expect:
- Make you aware there is a new version from within PowerToys
- Removed requirement to always ‘run as admin’
- Added almost 300 unit tests to increase stability and prevent regressions
- Resolved almost 100 issues
- Made .NET Framework parts of the source run faster with NGEN
- Improved for how we store data locally
- Increased FancyZones compatibility with applications
Equally important is the fact that the team has worked on documentation, cleaning up the list of issues on GitHub, and drafting a number of documents.
You can grab the new version below from its GitHub release page. Microsoft also rolled out a quick update to fix a bug where FancyZonesEditor crashed on launch.
Download: PowerToys 0.15.1
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!