<![CDATA[I came across an interesting utility for older versions of Windows called "Pulmon". It brings live tile functionality similar to the Windows 8 Start Screen to Windows XP, Vista and 7 Desktop. Click on the image for a larger version. It was created by "Paras Sidhu", a 13 year old developer from India. To use, it you just need to download it, extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and then run Pulmon.exe file. It'll show the main window on screen. It comes with the following tiles:
- User: Clicking “User” tile will open a User Widget. If you want to open User Accounts, double-click on the green place of tile or double-click on User Avatar. There are many tweaks available for user tile. Right click on the tile and click options. You can choose “Take User Avatar from Windows System” or choose custom avatar.
- Control Panel: Clicking Control Panel tile will load Control Panel widget. You can open Control Panel by clicking on its tile.
- Clock: Pulmon will provide you a very cool widget “Clock”. It will show you time, month and day of the week.
- Shutdown Manager: It’s a very easy to use widget which allows you to control your PC with one click. Shutdown, Restart, Log Off and Hibernate options are given. Please note that some of the features are not working atm.
- Internet Explorer: This tile allows you to open Internet Explorer web browser.
- Webby: Webby is another good widget which provides you quick access to tech sites like AskVG.com, etc.
- Custom Widget: It allows you to pin apps. But only 1 trial widget has been added. You can configure its settings by right click on it and choose “Settings”. The default program is Windows Notepad.
- Clipboard Manager: It allows you to see the current text on clipboard. It also allows you to clear clipboard content.
- Start Menu Launcher: It’s a simple launcher for Start Menu. Just double click on the tile to open start menu.
What a cool feature!
But right now i’m running w8