Interesting article from Brier Dudley regarding Qualcomm’s new 2.5ghz quad core chips.
The speculation is that they will allow the next generation of smartphones to do a lot more.
Here’s some of what Qualcomm are saying will be here next year for smartphones:
- 12 times more power and 75 percent lower power usage than the first Snapdragon.
- Quad-core graphics processor “for a console-quality gaming experience.” (Qualcomm’s chief executive hinted at this during HP’s WebOS launch last week).
- Support for cameras with up 20 megapixel resolution.
- 3-D stereoscopic photo and video capture and playback.
- Full 1080p HD and 3-D video output to large screens, via HDMI.
- Integration with LTE/3G radio modules.
- Support for PC-type DDR3 memory, plus PCIe interfaces and multiple USB ports.
- Support for near-field communication.
Maybe these chips will power Windows 8 on mobile devices?