Download I couldn’t find any download link on Apple’s website. The recommended option for Mac computers is to obtain the update via Apple’s Software Update center. That, however, doesn’t apply to Windows 8. So, I downloaded the latest Safari available for Windows, from FileHippo, the website that provides latest Windows applications for download. Below is the download link. Safari Download Link
Installation ProcessLaunch the installer after the download completes. It starts the installation wizard. The first screen describes the latest features included in the version that you are installing. Click “Next”. This brings you to the license agreement which you need to accept in order to install Safari. Accept it and click “Next”. The next step lets you configure the installation. You can specify what things you want exclude from the installation. You can configure the following options.
- Place a Safari launcher icon on the desktop.
- Make Safari default browser on your machine.
- Install Bonjour – This enables Safari to automatically detect network devices shared through Apple’s Bonjour service.
- Automatically install Safari updates.
Make Browser DefaultIf you opted out of this option earlier during the installation, but now want to make Safari default for opening webpages, then Click on the button with a gear icon -> Preferences -> General Tab -> Default web browser. The preferences tab also provides various other customization options.
Pin SafariIn Windows 8, you can quickly access a program from 3 places – Desktop, Taskbar and Start Screen. Go to the installation folder and right click on “Safari.exe” file.
- To put a shortcut on desktop, Send to -> Desktop.
- To pin it on taskbar, Pin to taskbar.
- To add it to Start Screen, Pin to Start.