How to Invoke It
- Summon the Charms Bar, and select the “Devices” button.
- Simply hit Win + K key combo.
- This charm is exclusive to Metro apps. The traditional apps have to be content with what the current ways.
- The metro app needs to pre-define what devices it can use. The Devices Charm identifies such usable devices connected to the computer and lists them when the charm is invoked in the app.
Example[caption id="attachment_20587" align="alignnone" width="640"] Figure 1 Device Charm listing devices for Metro IE[/caption] I opened a webpage in Metro Internet Explorer and summoned that Devices Charm. It shows me the above shown 3 device options that IE can “talk” to:
- Send To OneNote 2010 – This will send the webpage content to OneNote, which might be further used by multiple users.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer – This will send the webpage for printing.
- Second screen – If I select this, the webpage will be displayed in the secondary monitor of my dual-screen setup.