How to Launch It
- Invoke the Start Screen by hitting Windows Key.
- Search for the “Mail” app tile. Clicking it will launch the app.
As an alternative, type “Mail” on the Start Screen. The app will come up in the search result list.
Clicking it will launch the app.
The main interface has 3 panes.
- First pane lists the mail accounts, and folders of the selected mail account.
- Second pane lists the mails included in the selected folder.
- Third pane displays the content of the selected mail.
Besides reading mail, you can compose new mail along with support for rich text formatting, attachment, priority settings, etc.
Mail app can pin multiple tiles on Start Screen, each tile representing a different folder from a mail account.
Mail app also supports search functionality through Search Charm and printing through Devices Charm.
If you allow so, then Mail can keep running in background even after you close the app. This way, it eats a lot less memory, and you get notifications for new mails as soon as Mail syncs your mail accounts.
Mail app implements a live tile. It cycles subject and a brief description of inbox mails on the tile. It also shows total unread mails in your inbox.]]>
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!