Microsoft late last evening released a new Windows 10 Redstone 3 preview version for PCs, that being build 16278, to the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program.
And just like the build 16275, it is only available for the Fast ring of the preview program, and not for users that have chosen the Skip Ahead option, which is on track to start receiving Redstone 4 builds very soon.
As expected, there are no new front facing features in this version — it primarily focuses on fixes and polish, what with Microsoft gearing up to finalize the Fall Creators Update for release next month.
Here’s a list of what has been fixed and improved in build 16278:
- We fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- We fixed an issue where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS was broken when using v3 print drivers on recent builds.
- The ability to take HDR screenshots on your PC via the Xbox app has been removed starting with this build. We plan to re-introduce this feature again in the future.
- We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- We fixed an issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video full screen then using Esc to return to the page would result in the video controller no longer being visible.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- We fixed an issue resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- We fixed and issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.
No known issues listed, but, again, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any in this build.
Redmond has made a conscious decision of not listing these errors and bugs in its build releases, at least unless there are some major ones that users should know about.
Nevertheless, you can install Windows 10 build 16278 by heading over to Windows Update.
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!