Welcome Screen Apart from the wallpaper-sized image, the welcome screen has 2 sections.
- Featured Destinations – It lists cities all over the world that are worthy as travel destinations. Each tile represents a destination.
A Destination in DetailOnce you select a city, the whole app turns into an attractive presentation of that destination. Details of a destination spread across several sections.
- Overview – This section gives you 3 tiles. Introduction tile gives a brief history of the destination and an overview of things to do. Click on the tile to view details.
- Photos – This section lists photos that flaunt the beauty of the destination. Click on a photo to view it in full screen mode.
- Panoramas – You can view 360-degree photos of several places of the destination.
- Attractions – View all the famous, worthy-to-visit places in this section. The list is presented in a tabular form, each entry containing a place name on the left side, and its type (museum, landmark, park, etc.) on the right side. Click on a tile to find its details, and directions to reach there.
- Hotels and Restaurant Sections – It is quite natural that you would want to secure a place to stay, and decide some places to try famous cuisines of the destination. These two sections satisfy those needs.
- Guides – This section lists several guides that provide you exhaustive information on the attractions, restaurants, nightlife, shopping places, etc. The tips and recommendations provided by these guides can aid you in planning your trip.
Search CharmThe search charm implemented by Travel app lets your search for destination cities. It provides you suggestions for destinations when you are typing in the search box. As per its usual behavior, Travel app changes its interface to provide details of the searched city.
Share CharmTravel app implements Share Charm to provide share functionality. You can share the Bing Travel link of the current destination through Share Charm. As an example, I selected Mail app from the list of Share Charm apps, to receive the shared content. Through Mail, I would be able to share a link to Rome, Italy to my friends.]]>
CLICK HERE FOR LIFETIME ACCESS to over 100 Windows 10 Training Videos and three industry leading ebooks on Microsoft Azure, Artificial Intelligence and Enterprise Robotics! LIMITED TIME AVAILABILITY!