Microsoft has a large, well-maintained directory offering Azure services and this is being added to all the time.
Everything you need to build your virtual network is there, along with everything needed to deliver applications or services:
- Virtual Machines – use any one of the many templates or use your own machine images to create a Linux or a Microsoft virtual machine in just a few minutes to host services and apps.
- SQL Databases – Azure offers Managed relational databases as a service, with no limit on how many you use. This equals time and cost savings on software, hardware and IT experts.
- Azure Active Directory Domain – using the technology that powered Windows Active Directory, this one allows you to manage authentication, group policy and anything else remotely, making it simple to move your security structure over to the cloud.
- Application Services – Azure makes it simple to create applications that are compatible with all portable and web platforms and deploy them globally. Azure WebApps makes it easy to manage the production of applications, testing and deploying them quickly and there are a series of ready-made APIs for the more popular cloud services.
- Visual Studio Team Services – an Azure add-on, this provides a complete cloud solution for Application Lifecycle Management, providing developers with the ability to share code changes, track them, load test and deliver their applications globally.
- Storage – lastly, Azure provides secure data storage that is fully accessible and competitively priced.
Now you know what Azure does, here’s the question – why do companies use Microsoft Azure?