- Focus on text and the design of text. Metro UI revolves around dominating the user interface with clean, neat, sleek, and beautiful text.
- Focus more on content rather than chrome. Metro has done away with all the extra decorations like shades, gradients, etc., around the content. The content is brought to attention by using large text titles.
- Navigate content smoothly and consistently. Another major focus in Metro is how the interface responds to the user interactions. Consistent animations are used to change the displayed content. Consider a restaurant menu app, for example. The content could be shown this way:
- The main categories like Chinese, Indian, Mexican, etc., are shown horizontally, in form of tabs. This level of content can be navigated by using horizontal swipes.
- Each main category might have sub-categories. Say, Indian has sub-categories like South-Indian, Punjabi. This inner level of content can be accessed by tapping on the sub-category, listed under a main category.
- The food items in a sub-category can be navigated through a vertical swipe.