[Shell] Command=2 IconFile=Explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar] Command=ToggleDesktop
- Save the file as showmydeskop.scf and put it in a location you’ll easily remember.
- Launch Windows Task Scheduler. You can find Task Scheduler by using Windows 8′s built-in search or by navigating to the Administrative Tools section of Control Panel.
- Select Task Scheduler Library in the left window pane.
- Right click in the task area and select Create New Task.
- Enter a name (ex: ShowDesktop) on the General tab.
- Set the task to trigger at log on by clicking new on the trigger tab, and selecting ”At log on” from the Begin Task list.
- Make your script an action by clicking New on the Action tab, selecting ”Start a program” from the Action menu, and entering the full path of showmydesktop.scf (ex: C:myscriptsshowmydesktop.scf) in the Program/script field.
- Toggle off “Stop if the computer switches to battery power” on the conditions tab. You want to log in to the desktop whether your notebook is plugged in or not.
- Click Ok and close the Task Manager.