President Obama had a dinner with Tech Titans in Silicon Valley last Thursday.
The picture below is Via the White House Flickr photostream.
The guest list (see below) included tech luminaries such as Apple CEO Steve Jobs, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and outgoing Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
One photo of the dinner offers a glimpse into the seating arrangement for the evening, as well as of Jobs, who is currently on medical leave. Notably, Jobs and Zuckerberg were seated directly to Obama’s left and right, respectively. Jobs donned his trademark black turtleneck, while others in attendance opted for suits and ties.
A White House official described the meeting as “part of our ongoing dialogue with the business community on how we can work together to win the future, strengthen our economy, support entrepreneurship, increasing our exports, and get the American people back to work,”
The official guest list (via the LA Times)
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook
Notably absent- MICROSOFT.
Now maybe it’s just me but perception is everything.
How can Microsoft not be represented at a dinner of this magnitude?
Another bad sign for the “giant” from redmond.
How does one visualize 90 million shares in any organization! Just many shares are or have been in microsoft or like wise? It makes me feel ever so small. And I stuggle to purchase one or more OS each time it comes on its promotion bally who. Del Delaney
I wouldn’t want to have dinner and meet with Obama either..I will not do business or anything else that involves Obama either…
Has nothing to do with Obama personally. Not meeting with the President of the United States while all your main rivals are sends a strong message that you may not be positioned properly as a tech titan.
I’d rather be at the table than not…
Yeah Onuora but you are a Muslim like Obama is.
This is why I love the web. Idiots like you have a platform too.
Gates has too much class to be at an Obama function. Generally Capitalists don’t frequent with socialists.